About the Institution:
KIMS College of Physiotherapy is one among the best physiotherapy colleges in the state. Located in picturesque Konaseema region known as Kerala of Andhra Pradesh.
Established by Mother Theressa Educational Society in the year 2008 and attached to Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation and KIMS General Hospital with Super Specialty Services, KIMS provides robust education in the field of Physiotherapy.
KIMS College of Physiotherapy is recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh and Indian Association of Physiotherapy (IAP). Affiliated to Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, A P.
Course Offered: BPT – 4.5 Years Professional degree program
BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) is a professional course which runs for 4½ years on full time basis. The Courses prepares students to become highly competent practitioners in Physiotherapy in a variety of Contexts. The 4½ year of study includes Theory, practical & Clinical components giving students a firm knowledge of body, injury & healing processes and various physical therapy treatment methods. 6 months internship at the end of the course provides the students a better practical understanding.
SCHOLARSHIPS / REIMBURSEMENT available for course(s) of this institution
Students of KIMS College of Physiotherapy who are eligible for E.B.C., S.C., S.T., B.C and Minority communities scholarships can avail them from the government towards the tuition and other essential fees as specified by Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences.
Candidates who passed Intermediate / 10+2 / HSSC with Biology, Physics & Chemistry as optional subjects. Candidates who have passed Vocational Intermediate in Physiotherapy are also eligible (candidates passed in Vocational Intermediate, any group are also eligible) provided the bridge course is completed. Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years as on the 31st December of respective year of admission.
Documents required for admission:
- Pass Certificate (or) Marks Memo of Intermediate / 10+2 / HSSC.
- X Class Marks Memo.
- Date of birth proof.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (for Other than A. P. State Students).
- Permanent Caste Certificate & Income Certificate. (Applicable for S.C, S.T. & B.C-C Students availing scholarship from Government of A.P)
Exams will be conducted as per the schedule of Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences at the end of each year and the degree is awarded by Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Infrastructure & Facilities:
- KIMS has well established infrastructure.
- Attached to recognized KIMS Medical College.
- Well equipped spacious laboratories for various departments.
- Air-conditioned Central Library to cater academic needs of Students.
- 1200 seating capacity central air conditioned conference theatre.
- Clinical facilities include physiotherapy clinic attached to 850 bedded KIMS Super Speciality Hospital.
- Well Ventilated Separate hostels for boys & girls.
- Possession of highly endowed faculty.
- Indoor and outdoor Auditoriums.
- Separate Gym for Boys & Girls.
- Wifi enabled Campus.
Why to choose KIMS?
- KIMS College of Physiotherapy is one of the best private medical & physiotherapy institute in Andhra Pradesh.
- State -of-the-art infrastructure & facilities.
- Excellent track record of KIMS group of institutions over the past decade.
- An institutional destination for quality education with good clinical exposure.
- Availability of scholarships.