Choosing a career in health science courses can prepare you for a wide range of skilled and experienced opportunities in interdisciplinary healthcare field. Health Science courses offers robust and versatile career opportunities. It can be general enough to give you flexibility in your future career. At KIMS we lay strong foundation for specializations which we offer.
KIMS is awarded the best Private medical colleges in the state by Times of India. Located in picturesque Konaseema region known as Kerala of Andhra Pradesh.
One of the First institution to start B.Sc Allied Health Sciences courses in the state by M/s Mother Theressa Educational Society in the year 2018 in Andhra Pradesh.
College of Health Sciences is attached to prestigious Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation and KIMS Super Specialty Hospital, KIMS provides robust education by eminent faculty for its students.
KIMS B.Sc Degree Courses are recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh State Paramedical Board. Affiliated to Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Course Offered: “Duration of all these courses mentioned: 3 Years”
B.Sc MEDICAL LAB TECHNOLOGY:
Medical Lab technicians work in central laboratory or diagnostic centers. They perform complex tests for blood, urine and other body related fluid tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
B.Sc ANESTHESIA TECHNOLOGY & OPERATION THEATRE TECHNOLOGY:
Anesthesia & operation theatre technicians assist the anesthesiologist in administration of anesthesia during surgeries, and also assist surgeons in preparation for surgeries and handling utensils and equipment used in anesthesia and surgeries.
B.Sc NEURO PHYSIOLOGY TECHNOLOGY:
Neurophysiology technician works in neurological setups and conducts tests such as EEG, EMG and NCV to study electrical activity in the brain and nervous system.
B.Sc OPTOMETRIC TECHNOLOGY:
Optometrists or optometric physicians are vision care experts who conduct ophthalmic investigations including refraction, detection /diagnosis and management of disease in the eye.
B.Sc IMAGING TECHNOLOGY:
Radio imaging technologists operate diagnostic equipments such as X-rays, CT, MRI, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and mammography used in diagnosis of various diseases.
B.Sc PERFUSION TECHNOLOGY:
Cardiac Perfusionist is one among the cardio-thoracic surgical team who operates heart–lung machine and other ancillary equipments during cardiac surgery and other surgeries that require cardiopulmonary bypass.
B.Sc CARDIAC CARE TECHNOLOGY & CARDIO VASCULAR TECHNOLOGY:
Cardiac care technicians operate a variety of equipments in cardiac setup such as ECG, ECHO CARDIOGRAM, DOPPLER and TMT etc.
B.Sc RENAL DIALYSIS TECHNOLOGY:
Renal Dialysis Technicians prepare patients with kidney disease for dialysis, gain vascular access and monitor patients during dialysis treatment procedures.
B.Sc EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY:
Emergency Medical Responders are trained in skills to provide immediate life saving care to critically ill patients and also conduct limited pharmacological and advanced interventions.
SCHOLARSHIPS / REIMBURSEMENT available for course(s) of this institution
Students of KIMS College of Health Sciences who are eligible for E.B.C., S.C., S.T., B.C and Minority communities scholarships can avail them from the government towards the tuition and other essential fees as specified by Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Candidates who passed Intermediate / 10+2 / HSSC with Biology, Physics & Chemistry as optional subjects. Candidates who have passed in Vocational Intermediate, any group are also eligible provided the bridge course is completed. Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years as on the 31st December of respective year of admission.
Documents required for admission:
• Pass Certificate (or) Marks Memo of Intermediate / 10+2 / HSSC.
• X Class Marks Memo.
• Date of birth proof.
• Transfer Certificate.
• Migration Certificate (for Other than A. P. State Students).
• Permanent Caste Certificate & Income Certificate. (Applicable for S.C, S.T. & B.C-C Students availing scholarship from Government of A P)
Exams will be conducted as per the schedule of Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences at the end of each year and the degree is awarded by Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Infrastructure & Facilities:
• KIMS has well established infrastructure.
• Attached to recognized KIMS Medical College.
• Well equipped spacious laboratories for various departments.
• Air-conditioned Central Library to cater academic needs of Students.
• 1200 seating capacity central air conditioned conference theatre.
• Clinical facilities include physiotherapy clinic attached to 850 bedded KIMS Super Speciality Hospital.
• Well Ventilated Separate hostels for boys & girls.
• Possession of highly endowed faculty.
• Indoor and outdoor Auditoriums.
• Separate Gym for Boys & Girls.
• Wifi enabled Campus.
Why to choose KIMS?
• KIMS is Awarded best private medical college in Andhra Pradesh by time of India in the year 2018-19.
• State-of-the-art infrastructure & facilities.
• Excellent track record of KIMS group of institutions over the past decade.
• An institutional destination for quality education with good clinical exposure.
• Availability of scholarships.