Young aspirants interested in seeking admission into MBBS Degree course are suggested to thoroughly read the below information:
Any candidate seeking admissions into MBBS/BDS undergraduate degree, he/she has to qualify the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), and he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the National Eligibility Entrance Test until:
Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the Medical colleges;
• The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject;
• The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology and also English as a compulsory subject;
• The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a "University Examination" and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course;
• B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
• Any other examination which, in scope and standard, is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
*The pre-medical course may be conducted either at Medical College/ a Science College. Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS Course. After the 10+2 course is introduced, the integrated courses should be abolished